There is often confusion between the “ Toaster ” and the “ Sandwich Maker ” , despite the great difference between them.
Where most people think that these names are only vocabulary for one device only, but in fact they are two separate devices, each with its own role and advantages.
The “ toaster ” is used to heat and toast bread only.
While the “ sandwich maker ” is used in toasting to give the bread a delicious crispness, in addition to the possibility of adding your favorite fillings to the bread while it is toasting.
But here remains the most important question: How do you choose the most suitable device for you?
The difference between “toaster” and “sandwich maker”
There are many differences between the “ toaster ” and the “ sandwich maker ”, and in order to make it easier for you to choose the appliance that best suits your needs, you need to know the uses, disadvantages, and advantages of each, which are:
First up: the sandwich maker
It is called “ Sandwich Maker ” , and it is a small-sized device that works with electricity, and is used to toast bread and prepare sandwiches.
The device is versatile, as you can use it for:
- Adding fillings to the bread while it is toasting to make a sandwich.
- Meat grill and shish tawook.
- Settling cold cuts and eggs.
It has many features, including:
- Ease of use and ease of cleaning.
- Safe, you can share with children while cooking.
- The device comes with additional capabilities, to facilitate the cooking of different types of food.
- The appliance has an overheat protection feature that keeps sandwiches from burning while cooking.
- Giving sandwiches and foods prepared inside with a delicious taste.
- Ensure that the sandwich filling is stable inside and does not fall out due to its adhesion to the bread.
- Works to level the bread evenly on all sides.
- It takes less time to cook fast food or prepare breakfast in the morning.
- You can prepare all the recipes without the need to use a greasy substance.
They are very minor defects, and ignoring them does not cause any harm, as follows:
- The inability of the door of the device to close, in the event that the fillings inside the sandwich consist of a large layer.
- Needs space crosswise when using as a grill, as it opens up to 180 degrees.
The sandwich maker comes with three additional pieces, each of which specializes in cooking a specific type of food, and they are:
First: the sandwich maker compartments
Which can reach 4 chambers, depending on the type and size of the device, and each of these chambers is sufficient to make a sandwich.
Second: a bowl for grilling
Where the device can be opened up to 180 degrees and used as a grill, by using this additional piece, and it is suitable for leveling cold meats and eggs.
Third: the waffle maker
It is used to make waffles.
The sandwich maker does not consume much electricity, so you do not have to worry about a high electricity bill when using it.
Second: the toaster
It is a small device used to toast slices of bread to make them crisp and delicious.
A “ toaster ” is a simple appliance that does nothing but heat and toast bread.
The toaster has several advantages, namely:
- Safe, as you can participate in the use of children.
- You can toast more than one piece of bread at the same time, depending on the number of slots in the toaster.
- Its size is very small, and its use is vertical, so it does not require much space in your kitchen.
The defects of this product are very few compared to other products, and these defects are:
- It only does one job, which is toast.
- The burning of bread, as a result of the inability to adjust its temperature at times.
Toasters have a number of slots, up to 6 slots in some models, which results in more than one piece being toasted at the same time.
The toaster does not consume a large amount of electrical energy when used.
The toaster and sandwich maker are secondary appliances in the home, but their presence can make a difference in the taste of food and in the speed of its preparation as well.
These products have many advantages and very few defects, and they add a touch of beauty to your breakfast.
The sandwich maker is characterized by the stability of the sandwich filling inside it, and the food gives a delicious taste.
And in addition to the feature of leveling the bread on all sides, it is very safe for children to share with you in using it.
As for the toaster, it is characterized by its small size, the possibility of toasting more than one piece of bread at the same time, and it is safe for children to share its use.