Calories in Unsweetened tea does not contain any calories , and this applies to both black tea and green tea. However, adding sugar to tea provides it with a large amount of calories. For example, a cup of green tea contains 14 calories. A gram of added sugar contains 73 calories.
Benefits of Black tea
Black tea provides many health benefits to the body, the most important of which are the following:
- It has antioxidant properties, because it contains antioxidant polyphenols, which reduce cell damage caused by free radicals.
- It can promote heart health, because it contains flavonoids, which reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It can reduce bad cholesterol levels , which may contribute to reducing the risk of heart disease and strokes.
- Promotes digestive health, due to its polyphenol content that has antimicrobial properties, which promote gut and immune health.
- Contributes to reducing blood pressure, as it was found that those who drink black tea regularly are more likely to develop systolic and diastolic hypertension. But this is not confirmed. It can reduce the risk of stroke.
- It can reduce blood sugar levels. It can reduce the risk of cancer.
Benefits of Green tea
There are many health benefits of green tea, including the following:  Reducing the risk of some types of cancer; Several studies indicated that green tea has positive effects on breast cancer, bladder, ovaries, colon and rectum, esophagus, prostate, lung, skin, and others. Improve heart health. Reducing cholesterol levels. Helping to lose weight . Help treat inflammatory skin diseases.