Calories in a biscuits
A plain biscuit contains 128.6 calories, and it consists mainly of all-purpose white flour, margarine, unsalted butter, and low-fat buttermilk.
Calories in biscuit ingredients
The following points show the number of calories in the most important ingredients of home-made biscuits:
- One cup of all -purpose flour contains 455 calories.
- A quarter of a tablespoon of ghee contains approximately 36 calories.
- One tablespoon of unsalted butter contains 102 calories.
- One cup of low-fat buttermilk contains 98 calories.
Tips to reduce calories in biscuits
Biscuits may be considered a high-calorie baked goods, and it should be noted that it is possible to reduce the number of calories in it by replacing some of its ingredients with healthy ones, including the following:
- Using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour reduces the calories per cookie by 6 calories.
- Using unsalted butter instead of margarine reduces the calories per cookie by 8 calories.
Body Weight Lose exercise tips
- Bike riding
- aerobic exercise
- soccer or tennis
How to burn calories consumed from biscuits
The number of calories that the body burns when exercising varies according to body weight and the nature of the exercise. The following table shows the time required for some exercises to burn the calories consumed when eating one piece of home-made biscuit, i.e. 129 calories, for different weight groups. Body in kilograms:
Nutrient content of biscuits
Biscuits contain many beneficial nutrients, the most important of which are mentioned as follows:
- Vitamin A.
- Vitamin B12.
- Vitamin B6.
- vitamin C.
- Vitamin E.
- b vitamins; such as niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin.
Biscuit nutritional value
The following table shows the nutritional value of some nutrients in one piece of biscuit :
|Dietary fiber||0.7 gr|