Calories in lamb
Every 100 grams of minced and cooked lamb contains 192 calories, and it is worth noting that the calories in lamb vary according to the way it is cooked and the amount eaten.
Calories in some common lamb dishes
The number of calories varies in different dishes that contain lamb, and here are some meals that contain lamb and the number of calories in each:
- A small plate of mansaf consisting of 90 grams of lamb, 3 tablespoons of uncooked basmati rice , a little Jameed milk and a quarter of a loaf of shrak bread contains 285 calories.
- A large scoop of Mandi , consisting of 250 grams of lamb shoulder meat with bone, half a cup of uncooked basmati rice, and half a teaspoon of olive oil with a few spices contains 741 calories.
- Meat shawarma consisting of a tablespoon of plain yogurt , a quarter of a tablespoon of lemon juice , and 284 grams of pulled lamb shoulder with a little onion and garlic contains 376 calories.
How do I burn calories consumed from lamb
Exercising helps burn calories consumed from foods, and here are some sports activities that help burn calories gained by the body when eating 100 grams of minced and grilled lamb contains 283 calories:
- 2 hours and 4 minutes of walking.
- 35 minutes of jogging or cycling.
- 50 minutes of swimming.
The nutritional content of lamb
Lamb contains many nutrients that are beneficial to health, including the following:
- b vitamins; Such as: vitamin B3 and vitamin B12.
Health benefits of lamb
Eating lamb helps to improve health in several ways, the most important of which are the following:
- Lamb is a complete protein; it contains all essential amino acids.
- Preserving muscle mass.
- Improve physical performance and reduce exercise fatigue.
- Reducing the risk of iron deficiency anemia.
The nutritional value of lamb
The following table shows the nutritional value in 100 grams of cooked lamb:
|Food Item||Nutritional value|
|Saturated fat||4.38 grams|
|Monounsaturated fats||2.77 gr|
|Polyunsaturated fats||0.49 gr|
|Vitamin B1||0.02 milligrams|
|Vitamin B2||0.15 milligrams|
|Vitamin B3||3.31 milligrams|
|Vitamin B5||0.1 milligrams|
|Vitamin B6||0.13 milligrams|
|Vitamin B12||0.96 µg|
27 international units
|Vitamin E||0.4 milligrams|
2 international units