Everything needs to be cleaned. And something that is usually left out is the comb. Cleaning a comb can be time consuming, but to help keep your hair clean, you’ll need to do it from time to time. The more often you perform this procedure, the easier the task will be. The following steps will help you understand how to clean a comb.
Turn on the warm water. Wet your comb by placing it under warm water.
Take your brush and wet it too. Add some shampoo to your brush and use it to clean the comb.
Rub the bristles of the brush against the comb in one direction for the best result.
Continue rubbing the brush against the comb while holding it under warm water, until all the soap is gone.
Dry the comb. Let it dry naturally on a towel.
Add some white vinegar to the warm water and allow the comb to soak inside. This is an alternative to using shampoo. This will not only clean your comb but it will also remove any oil deposits you may have left on it.
Use a toothbrush. Another alternative is to use an old toothbrush to clean your comb. Just put some soap or shampoo on the brush and use it to clean the comb.
Try using a dishwasher or washing machine. There is proven documentation that says you can use your washing machine or dishwasher to clean your comb.
How to clean a hair brush:
Clean the brush every day. This is very simple. You only have to remove the hair from the brush as soon as you finish combing your hair. If the hairs are tangled, wet the brush and you can easily remove them.
How to wash hair brushes? Wash the brush with shampoo. In the same way that we wash our hair, we must do it with the brush, to remove the natural oils:
- In a bowl of warm water, add a little shampoo.
- Immerse the brush and make circular movements until the shampoo foams. Bubbles are good, as they indicate that the shampoo is removing oils from the brush, but you don’t need to over-wet the brush to prevent mildew.
- Rinse the brush under warm water until the soap is gone.
- Let the brush dry overnight and then it’s ready to use again. Place the brush on a towel in a well-ventilated area to allow it to dry thoroughly.
How to wash combs and hair brushes
We encourage you to try the different cleaning techniques for combs and brushes and choose the one that works best for you. Reread this article when you want to remember how to clean your hairbrushes. Remember: the cleaner the brush, the cleaner your hair will be!
- The brushes can be easily cleaned with shampoo and water.
- Let your brushes air dry in a well ventilated area.
- Use a long, fine tool to remove any remaining hair and dirt from your combs and brushes.