Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that can make it difficult to fall asleep, have difficulty sleeping, or cause you to wake up too early and not fall asleep again. You still feel tired when you wake up. How to cure insomnia quickly?
It regularly affects millions of people worldwide. According to the research, adults need at least 7 – 9 hours of sleep every 24 hours, depending on their age.
Short-term Insomnia can lead to daytime fatigue, difficulty in concentrating, and many other problems. In the long term, it can increase the risk of various diseases.
“An Insomniac” what does it mean?
A person who is regularly unable to sleep is known to be an insomniac.
This can lead to problems such as:
- Daytime sleepiness and lethargy.
- A general feeling of being mentally and physically ill.
- Mood swings, irritability, and anxiety.
In addition, Insomnia can play a role in the development of chronic diseases such as:
- Cardiovascular disease
Causes of Insomnia
Insomnia can be caused by many physical and psychological factors. Often the cause is a temporary problem, like short-term stress. In some other cases, insomnia is a basic medical condition.
Common causes include:
- The room is too hot, cold or noisy or un-comfortableness of bed.
- Caring for someone at home, if it interferes with sleep.
- Getting no physical exercise.
- Having bad dreams.
- Use of recreational drugs such as cocaine or ecstasy.
Stress or mental health issue is responsible for insomnia. A person may be experiencing depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia.
What are signs of Insomnia:
In addition to sleep disturbances, Insomnia can lead to other problems, such as:
- Daytime fatigue or sleepiness
- Depression, irritability, and anxiety
- Low motivation or energy
- Poor concentration
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Using medicine or alcohol to fall asleep
- Difficulty in socializing, working, or study
- Worry about sleeping
Types of Insomnia
Insomnia can be classified by duration:
- Acute, temporary insomnia is a short-term problem.
- Chronic insomnia can last for months and years.
Doctors also classify it by cause:
- Primary insomnia is an issue by itself.
- Secondary insomnia is a result of another health issue.
How to Cure Insomnia Quickly?
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Prescription Medications
- Over-the-counter sleep aids
Care strategies and tips that can help to manage Insomnia
- Do not eat a heavy meal within 2-3 hours of going to bed.
- Avoid using any device with a screen before going to bed.
- Keep telephone and other devices outside of the bedroom.
- Use blackout blinds or curtains to darken the room.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol intake, especially at night.
- Ensure the room is at a comfortable temperature before bedtime.